Western Digital WD5000LPCX 500GB 2.5" WD Blue SATA 6Gb/s Internal Mobile Hard Drive
The Western Digital Advantage
Western Digital puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. This testing ensures our products consistently meet the highest quality and reliability standards of the Western Digital brand.
Built to the high standards of quality and reliability of the WD brand, these drives offer the features and capacity ideal for everyday computing needs.
WD Blue 2.5-inch PC Hard Drives are designed and manufactured with the proven technology found in WD’s original award-winning hard drives.
The latest generation of 7 mm 2.5-inch mobile drives is designed for thin and light mobile applications, and is also compatible with most standard 9.5 mm bays.
SATA 6 Gb/s Interface
The SATA 6 Gb/s interface provides greater flexibility for use with the latest chipsets as well as backwards compatibility to legacy systems with SATA 3 Gb/s requirements.
Low Power Consumption
State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features help ensure low power consumption.
In a notebook, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive noise reducing technologies yield some of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
Upgrading Your Drive is Easy
Acronis True Image WD Edition cloning software is available as a free download on the WD Support site enabling you to copy all your data to a new drive. You don’t have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
Enhanced Availability (EA)—for 24x7 Access to Data
Western Digital provides enhanced availability models of WD Blue 2.5-inch PC Hard Drives (WD5000LQVX) that deliver 24x7 access to information for data-intensive applications requiring round-the-clock operation. WD Blue EA models support the stringent demands of “always-on” applications in lower-transaction environments and come with a 3-year standard warranty
- Hard Drive Type: Internal hard drive
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Storage Interface: Serial ATA-600
- Interface: Serial ATA-600
- Capacity: 500 GB
- Average Latency: 5.5 millisecond
- Data Transfer Rate: 600 MBps
- Internal Data Rate: 147 MBps
- Spindle Speed: 5400 revolutions per minute
- Buffer Size: 16 megabyte
- Non-Recoverable Errors: 1 per 10^14
- Start / Stop Cycles: 600,000
- Features: Advanced Format technology, NoTouch ramp load technology
- Compliant Standards: S.M.A.R.T.
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 6 Gb/s - 7 pin Serial ATA
- Compatible Bay: 2.5"
- Power Consumption: 0.16 Watt (sleep), 0.55 Watt (idle), 0.16 Watt (standby), 1.4 Watt (write), 1.4 Watt (read)
- Compliant Standards: CAN ICES-3 Class B, NMB-3 Class B, RoHS
- Shock Acceleration (Operating): 400 gram
- Shock Duration (Operating): 2 ms
- Shock Acceleration (Non-operating): 1000 gram
- Shock Duration (Non-operating): 2 ms
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 degree Fahrenheit
- Max Operating Temperature: 140 degree Fahrenheit
- Sound Emission: 17 dBA
- Width: 2.7 inch
- Depth: 3.9 inch
- Height: 0.3 inch
- Weight: 3.17 ounce
- Service & Support: Manufacturer 2 Year Limited Warranty