NETGEAR WAX620-100NAS Dual-Band 802.11ax WiFi 6 AX3600 PoE Multi-Gig Access Point
High Performance WiFi 6 Access Points for the Small and Medium Size Businesses
The WAX620 is a high performance WiFi 6 access point, ideal for small and medium sized businesses. The access point is a dual band 4x4 design delivering up to 3.6Gbps total WiFi throughput, supported by a 2.5Gbps Power-over-Ethernet port, an industry leader of performance and cost effectiveness in its product class.
The WAX620 supports the next generation WiFi 6 smart phones, IoT devices, and notebook computers, delivering up to 40% more throughput to each individual device in the 5GHz band and 100% more throughput in the 2.4GHz band, compared to the previous generation equivalent model; provides 4x the client device connection, allowing businesses to serve more customers with better speed and less congestion.
The WAX620 is ideal in high density client device environments such as schools, hotels, restaurants and conference centers, and provides enterprise grade WiFi network security. With Insight management, WAX620 works seamlessly with your current NETGEAR Insight managed switches, WiFi access points and network storage, and is compatible with previous generation WiFi devices (WiFi 5 802.11ac for example) and WiFi Access Points.
Enjoy a 1-Year Insight subscription included with WAX620.
In the past several years, the WiFi industry has made progress in increasing speeds by leaps and bounds. However, capacity continues to be a challenge, namely, supporting a large number of concurrent users. This requirement is particularly acute for businesses, where very high throughput to each individual device may not be the paramount requirement. Rather, it is providing network connectivity to a large number of client devices, with good throughput, stable connection, and robust responses to environmental changes that is most important.
With the updated WiFi 6 (802.11ax) technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speeds, coverage, and capacity, you can feel confident that you’re getting the highest performance WiFi that’s set for years to come! Plus the assurance that you can now add more connected devices on your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or blind spots.
The WAX620, a WiFi 6 Business Access Point, combined with Insight, helps small and medium businesses with an easy way to manage their network without an IT expert, providing great WiFi connection leaving each of their customers satisfied as a network user. NETGEAR empowers businesses with an all new WiFi 6 Business Access Point for high performance and high coverage for the years to come. The WAX620 is compatible with WAC510, WAC564, WAX610, WAX610Y Insight Managed Access Points to form a scalable wireless network.
Business Features for higher speed, greater coverage and higher density WiFi
- Business class WiFi based on next generation 802.11ax WiFi 6 technology on both 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Backward compatible to 802.11b/g/n/a/ac
- Dual band 4x4 (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) 8 streams of data for an aggregate throughput of up to 3.6Gbps
- Instant WiFi Mesh forming wireless backhaul with other WAX620, WAC540 or WC564 units to form a WiFi mesh network
- 40% more throughput in 4-stream 5.0GHz band and 100% more throughput in 4-stream 2.4GHz band compared to previous generation
- 4 times more client device supported
- Enterprise security and Enhanced Open security, such as WAP3, WPA Enterprise, 8x SSID and VLAN1
- Basic Service Set Coloring (BSS Coloring) enabling significant improvement in radio frequency channel efficiency and reduction of interference
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) allowing simultaneous services to multiple devices in the same channel thus improving bandwidth efficiency and reducing latency
- 2.5GbE port, backward compatible with 100/1000Mbps Ethernet, supported by NETGEAR GSM4210P, MS510TXPP and other multi-gig Ethernet switches
- Target Wake Time (TWT) allows more efficient power usage resulting in longer battery life in WiFi 6 client devices
- Beamforming+; Advanced 6th generation WiFi technology such as up and downstream MU-MIMO
- One 802.3at 2.5Gbps PoE port. Remote management and monitoring from NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal for unrivaled management experience of your wireless network.
- App managed. Faster installation through NETGEAR Insight app or Cloud Portal. No additional hardware needed.
- Market leading 5-year warranty with 24x7 chat support for peace of mind
- Speed: AX3600
- # of Max Users: 256
- # of Concurrent Users: 75
- Ideal Use: Small and Medium Business
- Ethernet port: 2.5G
- PoE: Yes
- Wireless Mesh: Yes – Dual band with a shared backhaul. Compatible with WAX610, WAX610Y, WAC540, WAC564
- Remote management: NETGEAR Insight and Standalone
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 205.7 x 205.7 x 34.3 mm (8.09 x 8.09 x 1.35 in)
- Weight: 783 g (1.72 lb)