Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Z390 GAMING X Ultra Durable Motherboard
Out of Stock. Call for Availability
Have questions? 800-531-5369
10*+2 Phases Digital VRM Design with Low RDS(on) MOSFET
Optimized for 8-Core Intel Core CPU
GIGABYTE GAMING series motherboards use a 10*+2 phase PWM + Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs design to support the latest 8-Core Intel Core CPUs by offering incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard's most power- hungry and energy-sensitive components as well as delivering enhanced system performance and ultimate hardware scalability.
* Doubled from 5 phases with current balancing.
Benefits of Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs
- Optimized gate charge to minimize switching losses.
- Lower temperature, smaller size, better thermal characteristics.
M.2 Thermal Guard
Cover with 110 M.2 Heatsinks keep SSD performance.
Multiple cuts on heatsinks improves thermal performance by increasing heat dissipation surface and maintain stylish aesthetic.
Thick Thermal Pad
Improved thickness of the thermal pad to 1.5mm, gives superior heat dissipation of MOSFETs.
Pre-installed I/O Shield
With an integrated I/O shield, building an GIGABYTE Ultra Durable PC is even easier.
Support for DDR4 to 4133MHz and Beyond
GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility to 4133MHz and beyond.
2-Way CrossFire Multi-Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Immersive VR Gaming Experience
VR requires more performance than Full HD graphics for a steady 90FPS or greater.
Only Gaming PCs can provide the best VR experience.
Recommended configuration for VR Gaming PC*
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD RX 480 or greater, Compatible HDMI 1.4 video output
- CPU: Intel 8th Gen. Core i3 equivalent or greater
- Motherboard: AORUS/GIGABYTE Z390 motherboards
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
- USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port or greater
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit or newer
Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Networking
Intel GbE LAN features cFosSpeed, a network traffic management application which helps to improve network latency and maintain low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in crowded LAN environments.
The Industry's Leading LAN Static-Electricity & Surge Protection
GIGABYTE motherboards use ICs with up to 3 times the ESD resistance levels compared to traditional ICs. This helps to better protect the motherboard and its components against potential damage caused by static electricity. GIGABYTE motherboards also feature special anti-surge ICs that protect your motherboard, and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal Guard
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
Thermal Throttling As Temperature Rises
Dual-Mode M.2 Slot Design
Support both PCIe NVMe + SATA SSDs
GIGABYTE Motherboards are built with dual M.2 slots. With a PCIe NVMe + SATA dual-mode design on both M.2 slots. This configuration is designed for flexibility and adaptation to fit most users' and gamers' requests.
Smart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
- 4 Fan / Water Pump Connectors
- 6 Temperature Sensors
- All Fan Pin Headers Upgraded to Hybrid Fan Headers
- Interoperable Fans and Sensors
- Intuitive UI for Fan Control
Achieve fan silence. With Fan Stop, map any fan to stop completely when temperatures drop below a specified threshold. Which fan stops, based on readings from which sensor, and at what temperature—all of it can be customized to your liking.
Support RGB Lighting Effect in Full Color
Personalize your next PC rig to your liking by selecting the color of your choice to illuminate the external RGB light strip.
High-End Audio Capacitors
GIGABYTE motherboards use high-end audio capacitors. These high quality capacitors help deliver high resolution and high fidelity audio to provide the most realistic sound effects for gamers.
Audio Noise Guard
GIGABYTE motherboards feature an audio noise guard that essentially separates the board’s sensitive analog audio components from potential noise pollution at the PCB level. LED trace path lighting Illuminates to show the separation of the PCB layers.
Ultra Durable PCIe Armor
Industry Leading Ultra Durable PCIe Armor
The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
Ultra Durable Memory Armor
GIGABYTE exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion/twisting and plate bending, in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference.
Solid Pin Power Connectors
Z390 motherboards feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin + 4pin power connectors for offering stable power supply while CPU overloading.
Solid Pin Power connector advantages
Larger contact area for electricity
More metal quantity to sustain higher power and generated heat
Ultra durable and longer lifespan
Save power with a simple click
CEC Requirement : PC power consumption must be under a certain level when it's in off mode, idle mode, stand-by mode. With high power efficiency hardware components and fine tuned BIOS, GIGABYTE motherboards can achieve lower power consumption under idle mode and fully comply with new CEC 2019 (California Energy Commission) power consumption requirement.
The BIOS is essential for users during initial setup to allow for the most optimal settings. With a new GUI and easier to use functionalities, GIGABYTE has been able to reinvent the BIOS to give users a better experience while setting up their new system.
- Support for 9th and 8th Generation Intel® Core i9 processors/Intel® Core i7 processors/Intel® Core i5 processors/Intel® Core i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
- L3 cache varies with CPU
- Intel® Z390 Express Chipset
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128GB (32GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory**
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR4 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules
- Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
- Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
Actual support may vary by CPU.
- Realtek® ALC892 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4)
- 4 x PCI Express x1 slots
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire and 2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A)
- 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M)
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Intel Optane Memory Ready
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
- 7 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (5 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 3 x system fan headers
- 1 x RGB LED strip header
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 2 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 header
- 1 x USB 2.0/1.1 header
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2x6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only)
- 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x HDMI port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
- Voltage detection
- Temperature detection
- Fan speed detection
- Overheating warning
- Fan fail warning
- Fan speed control
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for APP Center
- 3D OSD
- Ambient LED
- Cloud Station
- Easy RAID
- Fast Boot
- Game Boost
- ON/OFF Charge
- Platform Power Management
- Smart Backup
- Smart Keyboard
- Smart TimeLock
- Smart HUD
- Smart Survey
- System Information Viewer
- USB Blocker
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.